Are you thinking of purchasing new a drone or quadcopter? First, you will need to consider your skill level. If you are a beginner, look for a drone that is easy to fly. Most of our drones for kids are for beginners. If you have experience flying a drone, you might consider one that is built for professionals.
Next, decide how you plan to use it. Do you need a camera or will it only be used for racing or flips and tricks? If you need a camera, will it be for a professional video or movie? If so, we recommend checking out our 4k camera drones. New on the market are 6k and 8k drones. These have the best resolution and display well on a large screen. Other types of camera drones include HD, thermal, and multispectral. HD drones record in high definition, but the quality is not as good as 4k. Thermal camera drones are typically for commercial use for inspections, utility, government, search and rescue, surveying, surveillance, and construction. Multispectral cameras are mostly used in agriculture and farming. Beyond the type of camera you may want, there are many other variables to consider:
- Does it need to be waterproof? If you’re planning on using it near a body of water, this is highly recommended.
- Will you be using it for commercial use or personal use? Commercial drones are stronger and capable of many more tasks and applications.
- What features do you want? You can choose from:
-RTF, or Ready-to-Fly, which means that no assembly is required and are ready as soon as you remove them from the box.
–Follow Me, which is an excellent feature for taking selfies as you run or bike.
–FPV, which stands for First Person View. In this case, the ground pilot is controlling the drone as if they were onboard, often with the use of FPV Goggles.
- Do you need a drone built for speed? In this case, we recommend looking for a racing drone.
- Do you want a professional drone for adults or something simpler for kids? Some drones for kids have cameras, and others do not. You can choose from durable drones or quadcopters that have no recording capability.
- Selfie drones are great for recreational use. You can choose from a variety of different sizes or foldable options as well.
Many options are available with a wide variety of price ranges. Drones for kids start at $24.99, while commercial drones are typically more expensive, ranging from $1890 to more than $15k. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have!
-September 30, 2019